Monday, December 31, 2007

Best (and Worst) of 2007

I read 54 books in 2007 - more than one a week apparently, which is not bad. I think the books I read this year are of a higher quality than the ones I read last year since I had a really hard time coming up with books to put on the "worst" lists. As is becoming my custom, here are my picks for best and worst of 2007:

Best Fiction:
The Other Side of the Bridge - Mary Lawson
(Runner-up: Treading Water - Anne DeGrace)

Best Non-Fiction:
The Secret Life of Lobsters - Trevor Corson
(Runner-up: The 100-Mile Diet - Alisa Smith and J.B. MacKinnon)

Worst Fiction:
Gossip Girl - Cecily von Ziegesar
(Runner-up: Strawberry Fields - Marina Lewycka)

Worst Non-Fiction:
Ultimate High: My Everest Odyssey - Goran Kropp
(Runner-up: The Ghost Map - Steven Johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment